Frank has written more than 1,000 answers on the question-and-answer website Quora. Most of these answers are about physics, astrophysics, cosmology and particle physics. Some of the answers discuss various aspects of this model of consciousness and spirituality and they are listed on this page. Frank also curates a blog on Quora: Consciousness Science.
Here are some of Frank’s Quora answers that explain parts of the older two-agent model of consciousness and spirituality:
• Is gratitude the door to expanded consciousness?
• Could you have two independent consciousness(es) if you split a brain in half?
• Is the nondual perspective real or just group-think based on abnormal mental experiences?
• What preceded language?
• If evolution is a fact, why are we so starkly superior to even the most intelligent animal (language, self-awareness, culture, time awareness, etc.)?
• Why can we (consciously) follow only one train of thought at a time? What is the physiology behind it?
• Is human brain
• What impact would an AI have on our society?
• What separates man from beast?
• How would you describe your inner speech?
Consciousness Science Blog:
On the Consciousness Science Blog, Frank has added two recent posts that start to go into more detail about the three agent model:
- 1: Dual Process Theory and the Three Agent Model
- 2: Agents & the Three Agent Model of the Human Brain
More installments along these lines will be added to the blog.
Another blog post helps show that we only live in our representation and model of the world, (i.e., we don’t live in the real world since colors do not exist in the real world):
There are about 95 total posts on the Consciousness Science Blog; most of these posts were answers by other Quora members that I posted to the blog.
Here are some other blog posts that may be particularly interesting and relevant to Spirituality Explained. For example,
Kevin has also written two blog posts about Julian Jaynes who wrote The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, which was an early inspiration for the two-agent model.
The following list some other interesting and relevant answers or questions written by other Quora users:
- Amazing facts about perception!
- How saccades stop time…
- Explanation of the Neural Correlates of Consciousness
- An excellent review of the Integrated Information Theory of consciousness
- Origins of Language
- The Language of Thought
- How is human language represented in the brain?
- How do people who are born deaf think (speak to themselves in their inner voice)?
Bestanswer for WHEN language evolved, IMHO.
- The Neuroscience of Religion
If you have any comments, please let Frank know through the Contact page, or leave a comment on the answers or the blog posts on Quora. Frank will get a notification and can reply there.